Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Chalkboard painted fridge

So I decided to paint my fridge. It was bland and boring and really ugly
Here is a picture of it from a long time a ago. This is when my husband was putting in a new dishwasher and we were about to put new counter tops in and paint the cabinets. Please excuse the mess.

(I'm terrible at taking before photos lol)

So I decided to paint my fridge with chalkboard paint. I thought it would be a great idea to have a fridge to draw on and my kids would love it. So I grabbed a can of zinnser primer and got to painting. The Zinnser primer is amazing. It sticks to anything and you don't have to sand before hand. It is supposed to be the perfect primer to use. We used it on our cabinets before we painted them white because my hubby didn't feel like sanding them down and it worked perfectly.

Of course after the primer I painted it with the black chalkboard paint. It took a few coats the chalkboard paint was quite thin. I believe it took 3 coats to get it completely covered.

So here is the after picture. I love it!

Excuse the missing cabinet doors. I'm still in the process of painting them. We seem to start projects and then start others while the first one isn't finished.
And here it is with all of my clutter on it. I think it's beautiful. Excuse the crazy haired kid in the picture. It's almost impossible to get pictures without children in them in our house. I wrote on the top with a chalk pen from Michael's. I wanted to write my dinner list on the top all fancy like each week. The chalk pen doesn't come off very easy though. I use the Clorox wipes to get it off when I want to write a new list for the week. The bottom is up for the children to decorate to their hearts desire, and trust me they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment